Now that summer has gone and departed, Fall is now upon us. Imagine all the things you did during the summer. Now imagine what you want to do for the fall.
That’s okay, this summer probably wasn’t the best for us. However, there’s so much to look forward to for the Fall! Here are some of our Top Five recommendations for this upcoming season.
1. Going on a nature walk: True, we all appreciated the sunsets on the beach, going on adventures to fun summer destinations, but let’s be honest, you just can’t compete with the beauty of Fall. From the color of the leaves changing, to the fresh air, Fall is just a special time. We recommend going outside on a wonderful nature walk or drive, to take in all the warm and delightful colors.
2. Get Creative this Halloween: What’s the first thing you think of when it comes to Halloween? Is it Pumpkins? Then you guessed right! Sure, carving pumpkins is also a fun thing to participate in, but what about painting them instead? Get those creative juices flowing in your community by hosting a pumpkin painting session with you and your friends. The best part is, this can be done in-person or Virtual!
3. Apple Orchards: You can make so much with apples. In fact, why not pick some apples from their sources? Take your older adults on a journey to the outdoors and take advantage of nature by going apple picking. Most apple orchards close for the winter, so you should get the chance before winter comes. After all, who doesn’t love apples?
4. Pies, Pies, and More Pies!: What should you do now with all those apples you picked? How about you and your older adults make some delicious Apple Pies. Pumpkin Pies, Sweet Potato Pies, the list goes on! Sure, Ice cream during the summer is alright, but the reality is, they melt. Pies are the go-to desserts for the fall, especially during the Thanksgiving holiday. What type of pies do you enjoy having or making? Be sure to let us know!
5. Thanksgiving: Sure, this probably goes along with the fourth option. But, isn’t it nice to spend time with family and others within your senior living community? With Thanksgiving-themed games like Bingo, Charades, Pictionary, or booking a vendor through our ConnectCareHero booking platforms, you can make this Thanksgiving all the more special. What thanksgiving meals or activities are you looking forward to?
Wow, that was a lot, right? But a least now you may have some ideas for what to do with your community of friends this coming Fall.
Let us know what you are looking forward to the most, as well as your own ideas for the Fall. For more information and resources, please visit us at connectcarehero.com